Diving deep into editing

 


Guess who's back. Back again. That's right, it's me. And I am back with some stories to tell. I mean when do I not have stories to tell? So, I am in the thick of the editing process and I realized I have not had a blog highlighting exactly what I am doing. I have said before I am trying to give the conventions of horror to life. To be frank with you all it is harder than it looks. I was originally going to use very little music, but I have now found that I am going to cut in and out. I wanted to use the forest's sound. Even walking myself when filming I was freaked out by the sounds I was hearing. What I am planning on doing is to have the music and then cut it when the sound of silence and bush give the fear factor I need. Sometimes less is more. I also purposely recorded just sounds of my location in order to give off these feelings. I had seen in other horror films that they used the power of silence to creep the audience out. Besides the sound, I am close to wrapping everything up editing-wise. The middle and beginning have been done and thankfully I have had minor difficulties. I can tribute my minor difficulties to the easy use of Capcut. Anyways until next time my loyal listeners. Soon you will all be seeing the final project! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog